Firstly, I would not have noticed this anime if it wasn’t hashihime!!! The list of seiyuu definitely caught my eye here!!! There is:
- Ami Koshimizu – notable characters include Tenma from School Rumble, Nina Wang from Mai-Otome, Nodoka in Saki and Holo in Spice & Wolf.
- Minako Kotobuki – Mugi from K-ON!!!
- Yuu Kobayashi – Rio in Sora no Woto and Mariya in Maria Holic (UGH anime!!!)
With the first two names in this anime, it’s a good enough reason for me to at least give it a try!! However, in terms of the story line I’m kind of lost. After one episode, this is my one attempt to describe it…
*15 seconds later*
AAAAAAH!! I give it up!! It’s basically about a world in which samurais still exist and although everything seems to be from the olden period, it seems modern at the same time. E.g. the guy has a camera. O_O Interesting…From what I can gather and from watching the trailer, there will be bunch of kiss ass girl fighters who…umm…I’m not sure yet. -_-”
I think Anime News Network has done a much better job summarising the story but in my mind still doesn’t really tell me that much.
The story is set in the early 21st century — except in this alternate world, the Tokugawa shogunate never lost power and Japan maintained its enforced seclusion from the rest of the world. The 25th shogun assumed the mantle of Japan’s leadership 20 years ago, and the student council enforces the suppression of rebellious elements at a giant academy for children of military families at the foot of Mt. Fuji. (Many of the students carry the names of famous historical figures.)
The girls Yukimura Sanada and Matabei Gotō battle the mostly female members of the ruling student council faction such as Sen Tokugawa (“Sen-hime”), Hanzō Hattori, and others. A 16-year-old male student named Muneakira Yagyū and a female Jūbei Yagyū are caught in the middle.
Points worth mentioning about this anime, one episode in:
- The art at a glance appears to be quite intricate but also carries a strange finish. It’s like as if the animation has not been focussed enough. I feel like I need to put on my glasses!!! LOL It’s bearable but I can imagine that it will probably irritate me eventually…
- Reminds me of a toned down Queen’s Blade!! HAHAHA NOT that I have watched QB – I’ve seen some pics. Well endowed ladies and scarcity of fabric is what I see…hahahaha
Basically I’m pretty lost with this anime so far. I’ll have to watch another episode or 2 before I can make up my mind. In the meantime, if someone knows what the heck the story is about, then please enlighten me!!! Arigatou!!!