Note: The author of this post is Sapphire Onee-chan from Asutoraea no Oka but it had to be put under my name in order for it to appear in Yasashii sekai…’s Twitter feed!!!
*Let’s out a wave of excitement*~~~~~ Season 1 of Strike Witches was nothing spectacular but there are several things going for this anime that make it worth watching that yuri-fans and others crave:
- YURI! – What helps to make the yuri stand out in this show is the pairings are pretty much set!
- Moe – Despite how loli these characters appear, they are quite kawaii like K-ON! I put off watching this show for some time because I’m not of fan of loli characters. However, the adult-like war roles they play cloaks this for me.
- Fanservice – Panty shots galore! (again not a fan but this tickles the fancy of many). Ecchi fans welcome.
- Cheerful Episodes – We are told by the staff that there will more cheerful episodes to come. I’m expecting something similar to Sora no Woto.
- Neko fans – These ladies morph into your cute furry feline friend when they’re in kick-ass mode. (Note: Not all of them morph into cats. At least one of them has dog ears)
- Action – These magical moe anthropomorphic yuri ladies take on ginormous mecha enemies in decent battle scenes enough to not make you want to die of boredom.
I’m pretty hyped to watch all the yuri-goodness this show has to offer! Hopefully it’s not too much of my yuri-ful thinking at work. This one should be interesting! Give Season 1 a shot if you haven’t already!
What do you think? Will this Season bomb or be just as good if not better than Season 1?
Strike Witches Season 2 Opening:
Strike Witches Season 2 Ending: