OOOOOOH!! I have a jdrama to recommend!!! It’s Sunao no Narenakute!!! Also called “hard to say I love you“. Awwww…It stars Juri Ueno, Eita, Tetsuji Tamayama and Jaejoong Youngwoong!!! What an eye candy cast!!! Surely just based on this it’s a must see!!! Doesn’t the gang look great!?! Another good reason is becuse the scriptwriter is Eriko Kitigawa who also created other masterpieces like Beautiful Life, Orange Days and Long Vacation. All my favourites!!! It’s been a LOOOOOOONG time since her last work. Nice to see her again!!!
Synopsis (taken from Dramawiki)
Nakajima looks up to his father, who was a war photographer, but can only get a job as an assistant for gravure magazines. Mizuno is a provisional high school teacher, currently on probation. Nishimura is Mizuno’s best friend, whose boyfriend has been avoiding her since she discovered she was pregnant. Ichihara works at a magazine where he is being blackmailed into sexual favours by his chief editor. Park, on Twitter, takes on the persona of a doctor, when he is actually working at a company that sells medical equipment to disinterested doctors, and at the same time, trying to take care of his younger sister.
This is a story about the blossoming friendship of five young people who were brought together by Twitter, and their journey to finding honesty with each other and with themselves.
Where to watch
How I felt about this jdrama
So I wrote the above before I watched episode 1 and I’m pretty taken away. My emotions while watching went from:
- Oooooh!! I want to run through the streets of Shibuya too!!!!
- Oooooh!! Miu Miu store!!! I was there just a few months ago!!! Don’t worry. I was outside and just walked past. My credit card was safe. *nod nod*
- I started cracking up when I saw them meeting each other as I’ve since thought about meeting some of my friends online!!! LOL Will it be like that!?!
- Then I got all quiet and was like “people can’t be that bad” when the drama looks into the real lives of each person and the terrible people they face each day.
This drama is definitely interesting and makes me think. All massive internet users, blog owners and twitterers should check this out. Very worth your time!! Ratings are not skyrocket high but are at a very decent 11.9% and 13.2% for episodes 1 and 2. BUT BUT!!! OMG!! They did a “Last Friends” kind of flashback at the beginning!! I’m like, “CRAAAAAP!! WHO DIED!?!?!” But I’m not too worried this time, I’m pretty sure it’s not Juri! *nod*
TONNES of music was used in just episode 1!! LOVE!! Looks like this is going to be one of those dramas where it probably won’t have it’s own OST but uses a lot of instrumentals of pop music and instrumentals from other OSTs. I could identify the below – there’s heaps more but I’m just getting tired!!! :P
- Great DJ~ The Ting Tings
- That’s Not My Name ~ The Ting Tings
- The instrumental just before Juri and Eita meet in the cafe sounds very much like ‘Maestro’ by Hans Zimmer…
- Oh I love the instrumental in the scene where Juri and her friend are in the shop with Juri describing how it feels like “fate” when she thinks of Eita…kind of a magical tune… Awwww!!! hahahaha
- Then when it’s time for the guys to take a picture, it really IS Maestro that is playing!!! KYAAAAAAA!!! LOVE IT!!! One of my favourite instrumental tracks!!
Let me know what you think!!! I’m glad I suddenly had the urge to look into the jdramas for this season!!!